Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Slow Cooker French Onion Pot Roast

I know I may seem like a one trick pony with all these crock pot recipes but I really can't help myself. I love food that tastes good and the easier the better. Nothing says easy like a crock pot recipe. When I was a kid, if my mom made a roast I would be so grossed out. Don't ask me why because I can't tell you. As an adult I really enjoy a great roast. Pork or Beef is fine by me.  We don't eat a lot of red meat in our home, but every once in a while I get a craving.

I saw this Pin a few days ago and I got the urge to make a roast and in the process, try out a new recipe.




I followed the recipe as is except for adding a whole onion, in large chunks. I also added extra celery and because I am so fond of cutting corners, I added about half a bag of baby carrots. If I make this again in the future I will most likely skip the flour and browning process. I don't know the purpose of this step, but I put everything into the crock pot and then into the fridge overnight, so I am not sold on it. Plus, I have never done that before and everything turned out fine in the past.

One other thing I might do differently is add a package of Lipton Onion Soup and Dip Mix. That is my usual go-to and I felt like I was missing something in this recipe.  Although, the barometer I use on all new recipes is to ask my husband if he would like me to make it again in the future. (My husband can be picky eater at times.) Brandon gave this recipe approval to be made again, so it was pretty good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love what you are doing with the blog man!