Sunday, October 07, 2012

Crock Pot Taco Soup

I love Taco Soup because all you have to do is brown your meat, open up a few cans of beans and vegetables, throw in your seasoning and you have a delicious, hearty soup.  I had never made my Taco Soup in the crock pot, but there is nothing I love more than walking through the door after a full day of work, and smelling a delicious meal that is already ready for me to eat. (Already! I couldn't resist.)






I highly recommend making Taco Soup in the crock pot. It seems like the flavors had more time to meld resulting in an even better flavor profile than I acheived making this soup on the  stove top. (Both ways are good, though.)

I never found a can of Green Chiles, so I substituted one can of diced tomatoes with a can of Rotel which has the green chiles in it. I also forgot to put the two cups of water in the crock and I added a package of dry Ranch dip mix. You could easily use ground turkey or chicken instead of ground beef. This is a soup that is very hard to mess up.

With the cooler temperatures that are coming our way, I know this soup would be a great one to add to your roster. Taco soup is very similar to Chili. I actually like it better than Chili, personally. I hope you will enjoy this soup as much as we do!


No comments: