Saturday, December 19, 2009

Holiday Treats Part I ~ Fantasy Fudge


Every year I make sweet treats for those that are near and dear to me. My go to recipe for years has been Fantasy Fudge. What's really awesome about this recipe? Well, for one, if you forget where you placed your chicken scratched, college rule copy you begged off your mom, you can always find it on Kraft Jet Puffed Marshmallow Creme. (The key ingredient.) My first step is to always measure everything out first, because once the molten sugar/butter/evaporated milk concoction hits that rolling boil, you better bust a move!




I used to think that the candy thermometer was not really necessary, until one year my fudge came out grainy. Nothing could be more mortifying so I splurged about $2.50 on one and ever since that my fudge has come out silky smooth.


Be careful if you make this though, it's sweet enough to hurt the teeth.

No comments: